Mission of JSC “Georgian Energy Development Fund” is to promote realization of country’s energy potential, retrieval of appropriate funds, by developing projects and their effective implementation.
The main goals of Fund are search for perspective projects of renewable energy sources and promotion of their development. Based on this, Fund is engaged in following activities:
• carrying out preliminary research works;
• preliminary feasibility assessment of projects;
• preliminary environmental impact assessment;
• finding investors and awakening their interest in existing projects.
Fund is researching places with energy potential with the purpose of implementing feasibility studies. Besides, preliminary environmental impact assessment of specific project is carried out. After this, report of preliminary study is presented, based on which, in case of investor’s interest and acceptance by shareholder, Fund is starting to make detailed feasibility study and providing other additional services. In case of investor’s interest, agreement between investor and Fund is signed (also, including third party, if such exists), where mutual responsibilities of Fund and investor are defined.
One of the directions of Fund activities is providing service in the field of Energy, which includes design and research, law and financial services.
In case of investor’s interest, is signed memorandum between investor and GEDF (also, including third party, is such exists), where mutual responsibilities of Fund and investor are defined.
Based on this, if investor wishes, as agreed with partner, for the purpose of project development promotion, Company can provide following services:
• Preparation of all necessary documents for construction, including obtaining right of construction and licenses;
• Finding of designing organization and purchase of completed construction project;
• Preliminary project schematic processing or preparation of preliminary feasibility study report;
• Monitoring of construction process.